Environmental & Energy responsibility and health protection
We are aware of our responsibility to the environment and Energy consumption
We are aware, that we have an important influence on the environment with our activity. Therefore, we are actively striving to decrease the negative influences. We dedicate a lot of means, knowledge and responsibility for mastering the system of environmental protection and energy consumption. In the developing and planning of investments we choose the most ecologically and energy efficient suitable solutions. The fulfilling of the highest ecological standards is our objective and our obligation, which we have given to the environment and to our business partners.
The Environmental & Energy Policy of MLM
In Mariborska livarna the environmental protection is the concern of everybody, from the top management to each end every individual in the system. In the year 2008 we have acquired the first environmental standard ISO 14001, which were the basis for the systematization of our environmental principles. In the frame of the activities of the regular renewal of validity of the standard and the organisational changes in the company MLM in 2017 we have been awarded with certificate according to new ISO 14001:2015 standard, and additionally with certificate for successful implementation of Energy management system according to ISO 50001:2011 standard.
The basic principles of the environmental and energy policy in MLM are:
- Preventing pollution in order to minimize the damaging impact on the environment.
- Complying with legal and other requirements regarding our own environmental issues and also those concerning energy efficiency, use and consumption
- Purchasing the energy-efficient products and services; enhancing of energy performance.
- Implementation of rational energy and water consumption policy
- Following technological development trends and directing our investments and technological solutions in accordance with new legislation and regulations.
- Following the guidelines of constant development to ensure continual improvement of environmental management system.
- Efficient communication and cooperation with our suppliers, customers, local community, competent state institutions and other interested parties.